Sunday, January 17, 2010

IF ONLY... My family was perfect.



I'm still working on Resolution Number 3 while continually keeping in mind Resolutions 1 and 2. Now, I have a much more personal and important (to me, at least) resolution to make. There is a certain thing missing in my life- or to be a little more specific, a certain three people. Now, I am not the kind of person who is open about sharing personal stuff with people I don't know, and this blog is very new- and currently I don't think anyone has ever even read it. So, this may be pretty vague. But basically, there are three very close family members I do not get to see as often as I would like. Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, I only saw them twice last year. I can say without a doubt, this is the most pressing issue in my mind. I pray every night for the situation to change for the better, and I have been doing what I can to make sure it does, but I have been very busy lately, and have lost sight of my motivation to keep haggling this family member trying to set up a date to see the three of them. But, seeing as this is a vitally important issue in my life, for Resolution Number 4,

4. I will set up a date to get together with The Missing Three within the next month.

My family is far from perfect, it's a little dysfunctional- as most families are. I have a large family, full of 'step' and 'half' siblings, but we are family, and that's the most important thing. I am not about to sit by and wait for things to change, as the saying goes, if I want something done right, I will just have to do it myself. I may not be an adult in the family, but I have the best intentions, and I will do whatever is in my power to unite my family once again. I know that things will never be as they were when we were young and carefree kids, but we can be a happy family again, I am sure of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment